Clarke Marsh, where the first cherry tree was planted in Bear River by George Sutherland in 1789, and rumours indicate the first log house set.  This was also the location of the tennis courts used by the Young Men's Social Club (Y.M.S.C.).  It was the location of the last shipyard in Bear River, followed by being home to three saw mills over a span of forty years, and now is the home of Bear River Millyard Recreation.